Full-Time, Anywhere, Remote (must overlap 4 hours with GMT-8)
Tales is creating a modern publishing platform. We connect writers to data, upgrade their monetization, and give them the tools to create new storytelling formats. Think Roblox for fiction writers. Join us and together we’ll connect storytellers with consumers, cut out the gatekeepers, and build the next Netflix powered by creators in the process.
You have the talent for understanding writers’ needs and deliver an intuitive design to unlock their full potential as storytellers. Your superpowers include empathy and balancing details with a big picture view. Most importantly, you are someone who enjoys the challenge and journey of building something from the ground up. You have your choice of which companies to work for but you’re strongly driven by mission and values.
- Content Authoring Tools: Design tools that allow writers to add visuals, audio, interactivity, and monetization to stories.
- Publishing: Visualize data to provide writers interesting insights about their stories. You’ll be giving writers perspectives they’ve never had before.
- Asset Library: We have the largest asset library in fiction today and we’ll need your help showing it off in all its glory.
- Reading: We’re reinventing the reading process for a mobile-native world. You’ll be working on innovative ways to delivering fiction-based storytelling.
- Talent: Strong understanding of UX principles and ability to creat delightful UI interfaces.
- Software: Fluency with wireframes and mockups (Figma).
- Experience: Must have shipped live web and mobile apps.
Top Five Reasons You Should Join Tales
- Mission: Only 5% of published fiction is written by people of color. We’re democratizing access to publishing by removing the traditional gatekeepers.
- Innovation: Build content creation tools creatives have never seen. Top creators from TellTale, BioWare, Wattpad, and Twitch have already started creating original franchises on our platform.
- Impact: Be the hero of creators who will be able to make a sustainable living on our platform. When they succeed in creating household names, you’ll know you had an integral part in bringing that to life.
- Upside: Being an early team member means you get to shape our journey in meaningful ways. Economically, you’ll own a piece of a more engaging and democratized version of Kindle or Netflix.
- Fun: The journey may be long but you’re working at the intersection of media and technology. This isn’t a payment processor (nothing wrong with that if that’s your cup of tea – but here there be games!).