Full-Time, Anywhere, Remote (must overlap 4 hours with GMT-8)
Tales is creating a modern publishing platform. We connect writers to data, upgrade their monetization, and give them the tools to create new storytelling formats. Think Roblox for fiction writers. Join us and together we’ll connect storytellers with consumers, cut out the gatekeepers, and build the next Netflix powered by creators in the process.
The publishing space requires relationships to navigate properly. You have extensive relationships with literary agencies and can figure out how to form new connections when necessary. You’re deeply charismatic; people want to work with you. You command the respect of other writers and when you give notes, they listen with an open mind because you have a proven track record of improving on existing ideas. You don’t let obstacles stop you; you’ll figure out a way to get that meeting, win over the writer, and acquire their content. You have your choice of which companies to work for but you’re strongly driven by mission and values.
- Acquiring Content: We’ve invented a better mousetrap for writers. You’ll be convincing writers Tales is the best place for their treasured content with the stats to back it up.
- Editing: You’ll spend time with our top authors to improve their content using your editorial sensibilities combined with data insights.
- Featuring: You’ll put together thematic features to showcase our favorite content on the platform.
Top Five Reasons You Should Join Tales
- Mission: Only 5% of published fiction is written by people of color. We’re democratizing access to publishing by removing the traditional gatekeepers.
- Innovation: Build content creation tools creatives have never seen. Top creators from TellTale, BioWare, Wattpad, and Twitch have already started creating original franchises on our platform.
- Impact: Be the hero of creators who will be able to make a sustainable living on our platform. When they succeed in creating household names, you’ll know you had an integral part in bringing that to life.
- Upside: Being an early team member means you get to shape our journey in meaningful ways. Economically, you’ll own a piece of a more engaging and democratized version of Kindle or Netflix.
- Fun: The journey may be long but you’re working at the intersection of media and technology. This isn’t a payment processor (nothing wrong with that if that’s your cup of tea – but here there be games!).
- Location: Remote, must overlap at least 4 hours with PST (California) time zones.
- Application: Fill out the form below OR drop us a line via email: email@example.com