Unity Game Developer
Unity Game Developer
Full-Time, Anywhere, Remote (must overlap 4 hours with GMT-8)
Tales is creating a modern publishing platform. We connect writers to data, upgrade their monetization, and give them the tools to create new storytelling formats. Think Roblox for fiction writers. Join us and together we’ll connect storytellers with consumers, cut out the gatekeepers, and build the next Netflix powered by creators in the process.
Developers at Tales will do a little bit of everything to deliver great experiences to our readers and writers. We expect you to have shipped mobile apps and touched a large variety of systems. We’re not looking for someone to mentor; we’re looking for leaders who can clear the way for their colleagues. Loot drop tables and inventory systems? Check. Branching narratives? Piece of cake. Tools that empower designers? You’ve lost track of how many things you’ve built to help others or yourself save time. You have your choice of which companies to work for but you’re strongly driven by mission and values.
- Gameplay: The core gameplay on Tales is simple today but you’ll have the opportunity to add deeper mechanics, with an eye on accessibility for both players and writers.
- Reading: We’re reinventing the reading process for a mobile-native world. You’ll be working on innovative ways to deliver fiction-based storytelling.
- Recommendations: Similar to Netflix, our job is to get the perfect story to the right consumer. You’ll be working on systems that will surface great content in delightful ways.
- Language: Fluency with Unity and C#.
- Product Intuition: You should have an eye for UI/UX; comfortable operating off wireframes.
- Experience: Must have completed a game-jam or shipped a mobile game.
- Bonus: Knowledge of DevOps (e.g. build automation) and cloud-based SDK integration.
Top Five Reasons You Should Join Tales
- Mission: Only 5% of published fiction is written by people of color. We’re democratizing access to publishing by removing the traditional gatekeepers.
- Innovation: Build content creation tools creatives have never seen. Top creators from TellTale, BioWare, Wattpad, and Twitch have already started creating original franchises on our platform.
- Impact: Be the hero of creators who will be able to make a sustainable living on our platform. When they succeed in creating household names, you’ll know you had an integral part in bringing that to life.
- Upside: Being an early team member means you get to shape our journey in meaningful ways. Economically, you’ll own a piece of a more engaging and democratized version of Kindle or Netflix.
- Fun: The journey may be long but you’re working at the intersection of media and technology. This isn’t a payment processor (nothing wrong with that if that’s your cup of tea – but here there be games!).
- Location: Remote, must overlap at least 4 hours with PST (California) time zones.
- Application: Fill out the form below OR drop us a line via email: email@example.com